VP of Finance
BASIS.ed is seeking a VP Finance to join its team
BASIS.ed is growing and seeking a strategic finance professional for BASIS.ed. BASIS.ed provides comprehensive education management services to BASIS charter schools and other entities. The BASIS.ed VP Finance reports directly to the CFO and oversees certain accounting and finance functions for BASIS.ed and its affiliated entities and provides strategic guidance and support to leadership to achieve objectives for continued growth and profitability. The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budgeting and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience and demonstrated success in capital market activities. We are looking for an individual with strong character, the energy and capacity to get the job done and the experience to lead and mentor within a growing organization.
- Access capital markets and secure financing to support on-going growth initiatives
- Analysis and planning to promote continued profitability and assess opportunities for growth including maintenance of dynamic forecasting models
- Monitor all financial aspects of employee benefits plans and commercial insurance programs, analyzing costs, risks and providing strategic analysis and guidance
- Oversight of the for-profit accounting and finance functions
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth, process improvement and profitability growth
- Collaborate with business leaders to prepare budgets, analyze results and ensure reporting needs are met
- Ensure compliance with primary service agreements
- Cash flow forecasting and liquidity management
- Ensure accurate, relevant and timely financial reports in compliance with GAAP
- Ensure adequate internal controls to safeguard assets and mitigate risk
- Manage staff with responsibility and accountability for performance and results
- Assist with external audits as necessary
- Other duties as required
- Expertise in capital market activities, particularly tax-exempt financing
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and drive
- Willingness to act in a hands-on capacity as necessary
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable leading in an entrepreneurial environment, dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to build, improve and manage financial reporting and analytics
- Analytical and metrics driven; ability to interpret and communicate complex data.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze strategic opportunities
- Experience with all phases of commercial insurance, including self-insured plans
- Willing and flexible to assume additional responsibilities as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or advanced degree a plus
- 10 - 15 years of financial management and team leadership experience
- Experience with Education industry and CMOs or EMOs highly desired
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training and mentoring
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.