VOIP Systems Administrator
VOIP Systems Administrator
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
We are looking for a VOIP Systems Administrator to join our team! The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an accelerated liberal arts education at internationally competitive levels for all students. BASIS opened its flagship campus, BASIS Tucson, in 1998 and currently operates 22 schools in Arizona, one in Washington DC, three in San Antonio, Texas and one in Baton Rouge, LA. BASIS is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale.
The primary expectation of the VOIP System Administrator is to maintain the existing VOIP infrastructures at over 30 locations nationwide well as to implement VOIP infrastructure at new locations across the nation and world. This includes all level two and three help desk requests relating to the VOIP systems. VOIP System Administrator would also be responsible for assisting the IT Infrastructure team with non-VOIP system tasks, workload would be 70 to 30 split between VOIP and non-VOIP tasks. A person in this position will need to have prior experience administering VOIP systems and a strong desire to learn more as well as excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain telephony/paging equipment
- Design and configure VOIP infrastructure for future deployments
- Maintain legacy analog equipment
- Maintain and create documentation of IT processes
- Monitor the helpdesk ticketing system and resolve escalated tickets
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintain/Audit Active Directory user and computer accounts
- Configure new servers as needed
- Maintain and troubleshoot network and system security
- Administer servers, laptop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Travel to remote sites as needed to provide highest level of customer service and support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Technical or Associates degree; experience can be considered in place of degree
- 2-4 years in an IT Help Desk environment
- Fundamental VOIP Systems Administration knowledge
- Understanding of IP routing
- Familiar with network configurations: LAN, WAN, and wireless
- Experience with Microsoft server operating systems
- Experience with MS Active Directory
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience in Cisco products (ISR Routers, Unified Call Manager)
- Informacast, Valcom, Atlas IP Speaker experience
- Experience with Hyper-V virtualization technology
- High degree of knowledge of IT infrastructure and server technology
- High degree of knowledge with routers, switches, firewalls and many other network devices
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs
- MCSE/MCSA/MCP, A+ and/or Network+ are desirable
- Attention to detail and strong organization and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong desire to learn\
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
Benefits and Salary:
Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.