TX: Reading Specialist - BASIS Medical Center [23-24 SY]
BASIS Medical Center is seeking qualified candidates for a Reading Specialist to join our bright, passionate team for the 2023-2024 School Year!
- Plan and implement systematic academic interventions for students in an advanced curriculum learning environment.
- Develop and oversee RTI/Child Find Program.
- Coach and support teachers.
- Improve academic achievement for all students - working with a student intervention team to design and provide academic interventions from general classroom interventions (Tier I) to collaborating on referring students for special education evaluation and the RTI/SST process (Tier III). With the majority of the day to day functions being centered on the Tier II - pull out reading, and executive functioning/organizational supports.
- Will support the intervention team by assisting in providing staff with ongoing professional development, and general assistance with implementing interventions as necessary.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a school leadership position
- Minimum of 2 years administrative or interventionist experience
- Bachelor degree, masters preferred
- Strong data driven skills/excellence with producing and analyzing large quantities of student growth data
- Deep understanding of the RTI/SST model of support/Child Find
- Promote and maintain positive student-teacher-family relationships
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education and able to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed.
- Experience running an RTI/Child Find Program.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2485390