TX: Part Time Evening Campus Custodian - BASIS North Central [Immediate Opening]
BASIS North Central is seeking qualified candidates for a Part Time Evening Campus Custodian to join our bright, passionate team!
WE ARE NATIONALLY RANKED
BASIS Curriculum Schools have been consistently ranked among the best schools in the United States. It is a reflection of the quality of the BASIS Curriculum, dedication of our expert educators, and hard work of incredible students. Our schools offer students an education that prepares them according to the highest, most rigorous international standards.
The top five high schools in the United States are BASIS Curriculum Schools, as are six of the nation’s top eight, and seven of America’s top fourteen, according to U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
Job Summary: The Campus Custodian will clean and maintain the school or other educational facility.
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common areas of the building.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Assists in cleaning and sanitizing restrooms and cafeteria.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
- Ensures heating and cooling systems are operational.
- Maintains a neat and orderly janitors room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Washes windows.
- Assists in examining school for safety hazards; reports deficiencies to lead custodian, principal, and/or school resource officer.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the school clean and orderly.
- Ability to interact with staff, students, parents, and visitors at school while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must pass a background check.
Physical Requirements: Additional Job Information
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Additional Job Information
- The hourly pay rate for this position is $14 an hour.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.