TX: Middle School History Teaching Fellow - BASIS Jack Lewis Jr. [Immediate Opening/23-24 SY]
BASIS Jack Lewis Jr. is seeking a History Teaching Fellow to join our bright, passionate teaching team for the 2023-2024 SY!
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
WE ARE NATIONALLY RANKED
BASIS Curriculum Schools have been consistently ranked among the best schools in the United States. It is a reflection of the quality of the BASIS Curriculum, dedication of our expert educators, and hard work of incredible students. Our schools offer students an education that prepares them according to the highest, most rigorous international standards.
The top five high schools in the United States are BASIS Curriculum Schools, as are six of the nation’s top eight, and seven of America’s top fourteen, according to U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and collegial school community.
The Teaching Fellow Role
The position allows you to learn the BASIS Charter School model and program, including many aspects of the school, and prepares you for full time classroom teaching or other roles.
Teaching Fellows have a visible presence in all areas of school life, assist with issues or tasks relating to the well-being of our students, and join their colleagues in maintaining a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture.
Depending on the campus, Teaching Fellows may engage in any or all of the following:
- Classroom teaching, middle school history and substitute teaching other subjects as needed
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress, needs, and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing students during the after-school care program, lunch and other monitoring duties as assigned
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Charter School academic program and school model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Eligible to work in Texas Public Schools
- Some experience teaching History
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Ability to work full time
- Willingness to acquire and maintain current practices in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Charter School teaching methodologies
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: The salary range for this position is $33,000 - $35,000 dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.