TX: Middle School History/ English Teacher - BASIS Northeast [23-24 SY]
BASIS San Antonio Northeast is seeking qualified candidates for a Middle School History/ English Teacher to join our bright, passionate team for the 2023-2024 School Year!
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
WE ARE NATIONALLY RANKED
BASIS Curriculum Schools have been consistently ranked among the best schools in the United States. It is a reflection of the quality of the BASIS Curriculum, dedication of our expert educators, and hard work of incredible students. Our schools offer students an education that prepares them according to the highest, most rigorous international standards.
The top five high schools in the United States are BASIS Curriculum Schools, as are six of the nation’s top eight, and seven of America’s top fourteen, according to U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and collegial school community.
The role of the Middle School History/ English Subject Expert Teacher (SET) is to ensure the day-to-day exceptional education of students by preparing and facilitating subject specific lesson plans. Subject Expert Teachers implement the established BASIS Curriculum while tailoring specific topics to integrate their knowledge and passion for the subject.
- Prepare and facilitate subject and grade specific lesson plans
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade-standard in an interactive learning environment to achieve exceptional results for all students
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is internationally competitive
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality, and respect in all students
- Participate in extracurricular programs, such as clubs and sports
- Substitute for peer courses as needed
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, History or related subject from an accredited college or university (or 24+ credit hours in applicable subject matter with other degree)
Certifications and Credentials: NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed Texas are required to obtain and maintain DPS clearance.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in English, History or related subject.
Certifications and Credentials: None
Preferred Experience: 2+ years teaching/education experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Starting Teacher Salary is $41,000 and is negotiable dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.