TX: Human Resources Coordinator
BASIS Ed Texas Central Office is seeking a qualified Human Resources Coordinator to join our bright, passionate team!
Position Type: Full-time, $17 an hour
Location: Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX
We Are Nationally Ranked
BASIS Curriculum Schools have been consistently ranked among the best schools in the United States. It is a reflection of the quality of the BASIS Curriculum, dedication of our expert educators, and hard work of incredible students. Our schools offer students an education that prepares them according to the highest, most rigorous international standards.
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and collegial school community.
The Human Resources Coordinator will play a crucial role in supporting the human resources department. The individual in this position will be responsible for performing various administrative tasks related to human resources functions. This role requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new hires, including preparing new hire paperwork and ensuring all required documentation is collected.
- Coordinate orientation sessions and assist in the creation of orientation materials.
- Demonstrate HR knowledge and capture the trust of management and employee populations.
- Maintain and update employee records in the HR database, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Manage personnel files and ensure compliance with record-keeping requirements.
- Assist School Management with termination requests and calculate final pay, if applicable.
- Work closely with payroll to ensure timely and accurate pay for all employees.
- Maintain all employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Track employee Fingerprint Clearance Cards and conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with state requirements.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Process all employee change requests, including salary and role changes.
- Support HR staff in administering employee benefits programs.
- Assist employees with benefit-related inquiries and distribute benefit information.
- Provide support for the leave of absence program; assist with return from leave processing as needed.
General Administrative Support:
- Provide general administrative support to the HR department, including filing, scanning, and data entry.
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations as needed.
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred; additional HR certifications or coursework are a plus.
- Proven experience in an administrative or HR support role.
- Familiarity with HR processes and procedures.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing, and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: The pay rate for this role is $17 an hour and is negotiable dependent on education and experience. BASIS Ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Pay: up to $17/hour
<p> The pay rate for this role is $17 an hour and is negotiable dependent on education and experience
Job Reference #: 2932619