TX: Health Coordinator - BASIS Jack Lewis Jr. [22-23 SY]
BASIS San Antonio-Jack Lewis Jr. is seeking qualified candidates for a Health Coordinator to to join our bright, passionate team at our launching campus for the 2022-2023 SY!
Please start your application now! Text "HCJLJ" to (210)796-1001, you will receive a link to complete your application.
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
The Health Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Operations, will be responsible for overseeing and providing services related to maintaining the health and wellness of students. The Health Coordinator will monitor student health needs and provide appropriate health interventions and services.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide onsite medical support: collect and file required forms, organize and maintain student medication cabinet, and administer student medication.
- Organize, maintain and update student records (including collection of records from student previous schools and immunization records).
- Ensure compliance with applicable City, State and Federal health regulations.
- Establish and maintain a high level of neatness, cleanliness, and organization in the school health clinic.
- Oversee and develop protocol for a hygienic facility and communicate to staff, faculty, and students.
- Provide and promote relationships between community health providers and students, parents, and the community at large.
- Performing office tasks related to student data collection, parent-school communication, and student-office communication.
- Additional tasks and projects as needed to support the entire school function.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School diploma and valid fingerprint clearance (obtained after hire) are required to work at BASIS.ed. Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. Flexible hours are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with children. Knowledge of communicable disease prevention and medication protocol. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 1773209