TX: Facilities Manager - BASIS Pflugerville [22-23 SY]
BASIS Pflugerville is seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Manager at our launching campus for the 2022- 2023 SY!
Please start your application now! Text "FMPFL" to (210)796-1001, you will receive a link to complete your application
BASIS.ed School Managers & Administrators lead in one of the most unique and driven educational environments. Our schools rank at the top of the U.S. national rankings every year and we are growing. If you inspire creativity and intellectual rigor in your teachers and students and want a growing career path, let’s talk.
BASIS.ed is growing rapidly and is seeking a highly skilled facilities manager for our nationally ranked and globally recognized schools in Silicon Valley and Fremont, CA. This dual-campus opportunity will successfully manage the school facility to ensure the physical environment meets and exceeds high standards of safety, cleanliness and appearance. The ideal candidate will take ownership to ensure that every corner of the campus is "ready for business" on a daily basis so we can realize our mission and reach our academic goals. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter who is very organized, process-driven, enjoys challenge and responsibility and is able to operate in a fast-paced educational environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize on-site maintenance staff and contracted janitorial staff work schedule, vacations, etc. to assure adequate staff coverage to meet the maintenance needs of the school
- Timely completion of all Work Orders and other work requests
- Perform preventive maintenance, inspections and make or schedule repairs as needed
- Supervise both in-house and contracted repairs and services including but not limited to: janitorial, painting, landscaping, grounds maintenance, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and minor construction jobs.
- Ensure work of all on-site and vendor maintenance staff is performed in compliance with all OSHA requirements (i.e. wearing PPE, fall protection, etc.)
- Monitor school fire, life safety and building management systems
- Maintain all data and accounting for facilities inventory
- Support school events conducted at the facility by readying the necessary equipment and supervising/executing the required set up and take down activities.
- Performs "other duties" as assigned by the Head of Operations
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 10 years’ facilities experience in the education or commercial industries such as Healthcare, Property Management, Senior Housing or Hospitality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and negotiate with outside vendors and contractors verbally and via written communication
- Skilled in determining whether tasks should be completed in-house or vended out, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing how to overcome unexpected difficulties
- Experience with basic repairs and maintenance including: plumbing, plaster, drywall, electrical, appliances, carpentry, etc.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software (e.g. internet, Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, laptops, online Building Management Systems)
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as necessary
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and construction documents
- Experience with inventory tracking and systems.
- Certifications: HVAC, General Electrician or Engineer License
- Knowledge of state and federal issues as they pertain to the school
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.