TX: Certified English Learner Coordinator - BASIS Medical Center [Immediate Opening]
BASIS Medical Center is seeking a Certified English Learner Coordinator for the 2023/24 school year!
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and collegial school community.
BASIS Ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- BASIS Curriculum Schools uses the English as a second language/content-based program model of instruction for ELLs. Must provide instruction to integrate English as a second language with subject matter instruction that focuses not only on learning a second language, but using that language as a medium to learn academic subjects.
- Advocate for the academic and personal/social needs of English Language Learners.
- Support classroom teachers in the consistent implementation of programming, best practices, and recommendations for ELLs.
- Provide intervention support during academic times (especially Literacy and STEM times)
- Plan and collaborate with teachers to design and implement engaging instruction that leads to English language fluency in all content areas. Attend weekly planning sessions with classroom teachers to plan lessons, projects, and expeditions. Suggest accommodations and appropriate lesson structures to support identified and unidentified ELL students.
- Conduct, organize, and analyze on-going assessments of student performance using multiple assessment tools. Develop a process to assess ELLs' academic progress.
- Identify students who require English Language support and determine the level and nature of services for each student.
- Assist and support the development of a successful learning environment for ELL students in each classroom by providing school-wide support to teachers by facilitating clear planning around student needs and learning goals, differentiated instruction, and classrooms that support student success.
- Model best teaching practices for teachers with the goal of developing their capacity to support specialized instruction, differentiation, and classroom accommodations to support ELL students.
- Assist the development of curriculum to support ESL learners and facilitate their access to the world class education offered by BASIS.ed.
- Meet regularly with School Directors and other professionals as needed to discuss student progress and the performance of ELLs.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences as needed in support of ELLs.
- Eligible to work in Texas Public Schools
- A Bachelor's degree
- ELL Certification in Texas
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.