TX: Assistant Registrar/Attendance Clerk- BASIS San Antonio- Shavano [22-23]
BASIS San Antonio Shavano is seeking a Assistant Registrar/Attendance Clerk for the 2022-2023 school year!
This role will provide support services to the school's faculty and staff in order to meet the mission of BASIS Schools. In this role, the Registrar Assistant is primarily responsible for managing all systems related to student enrollment and records.
The BASIS academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students. It is imperative that our registrars share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and managing registration of new and returning students.
- Managing records of current students and reporting to department of Education.
- Managing student records software (PowerSchool).
- Coordinating student enrollment and withdrawal process.
The Attendance Clerk is responsible for maintaining documentation and managing all matters related to attendance. This individual must be someone who takes initiative and is willing to take on any task.
- Manage attendance of all students every period of the school day, including tracking and recording tardy students
- Manage and ensure staff and parent compliance with the school’s attendance protocol and DC’s attendance protocols
- Hold meetings with parents and students regarding attendance plans
- Inform relevant members of the school leadership team and representatives of external agencies of student absences meeting specified thresholds
- Work with the Director of Academic Programs to ensure compliance as related to attendance reporting
- Manage daily notifications to families of students who were absent and/or tardy to school
- Support school staff with tasks as they arise, and as time permits
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2-3 years administrative experience and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with children. Experience with Texas School registration is a HUGE plus! Skills include proficiency in Microsoft Office. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package. NOTE: All employees of BASIS Educational Group are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.