TX: Assistant Director of Student Affairs - BASIS Cedar Park [23-24 SY]
BASIS Cedar Park is seeking qualified candidates for a Assistant Director of Student Affairs (Dean of Students) to join the team at our launching campus for the 2023-2024 School Year!
WE ARE NATIONALLY RANKED
BASIS Curriculum Schools have been consistently ranked among the best schools in the United States. It is a reflection of the quality of the BASIS Curriculum, dedication of our expert educators, and hard work of incredible students. Our schools offer students an education that prepares them according to the highest, most rigorous international standards.
The top five high schools in the United States are BASIS Curriculum Schools, as are six of the nation’s top eight, and seven of America’s top fourteen, according to U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings.
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. The Dean of Students manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Supports teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organizes students arrival and dismissal
- Organizes and reviews results of assessment of numeracy and reading comprehension and problem solving skills for any new student, state required assessments, Comprehensive or Curriculum Gains BASIS program
- (In relevant grades) Reviews results of PSAT, SAT and ACT and state required assessments
- Reviews Progress Reports, Mid-semester reports
- Organizes and executes student academic and behavior support
- Manages Teaching Fellows assigned to designated grades
- Maintains student discipline and follows through with documentation
- Coordinates the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicates and meets with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participates in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participates in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Supports teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinates student academic support interventions
- Participates in all faculty and staff meetings
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS.ed model
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a school setting, preferably charter or independent
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Starting salary for this position is $40,000 and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Pay: up to $40,000/year
<p><strong></strong> Starting salary for this position is $40,000 and dependent on education and experience
Job Reference #: 2284314