TX: Algebra I- Advanced Math Subject Expert Teacher - BASIS San Antonio- Shavano Campus [22-23 SY]
BASIS San Antonio- Shavano Campus is seeking qualified candidates for an Algebra I- Advanced Math Teacher to join our bright and passionate team for the 2022-2023SY!
Please start your application now! Text "ALGBSAS" to (210)796-1001, you will receive a link to complete your application.
BASIS.ed Algebra I- Advanced Math Subject Expert Teachers (SETs) are knowledgeable, passionate teachers that believe that with the right support and encouragement, any child can excel. We hire teachers with academic degrees or an educational emphasis in the disciplines they teach. BASIS.ed subject expert teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. They work to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. A BASIS.ed middle school teacher should have confidence with their content at a level that exceeds the class level. Middle school students As a SET, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem solving.
- Prepare and facilitate subject and grade specific lesson plans
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade-standard in an interactive learning environment to achieve exceptional results for all students
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is internationally competitive
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality, and respect in all students
- Participate in extracurricular programs, such as clubs and sports
- Substitute for peer courses as needed
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed. In addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. Highly qualified teacher requirements vary by state. In some cases a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Starting Teacher Salary is $41,000 and is negotiable dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.