TX: 4th Grade Math/Reading Interventionist - BASIS Pflugerville [Immediate Opening]
BASIS Pflugerville is seeking a 4th Grade Interventionist to join our bright, passionate team at our campus immediately!
Working towards student's growth is a must! Don't know differential calculus? Don't fully understand middle school English? That is ok because this role focuses on 4th and 5th grade. Your primary mission will be to offer targeted interventions of our students with the greatest academic needs. An added bonus is you get to manage our afterschool program, Late Bird! Apply today!
The Math and Reading Interventionist is primarily responsible for developing and implementing intervention strategies to improve mathematics skills and improve literacy and overall outcomes for students at the school, including students considered at-risk. Under the supervision of the Head of School, responsibilities include direct instruction of students, consultation and collaboration with classroom teachers, and monitoring students’ performance on school, network-wide, and state assessments to increase performance across measures for all students and decrease disparity in performance rates between students considered at-risk and other students.
· Plan and implement systematic academic interventions for students in a K-5 advanced curriculum learning environment, including students considered at-risk and other students.
· Develop and oversee RTI/Child Find Program.
· Coach and support teachers.
· Improve academic achievement for all students - working with a student intervention team to design and provide academic interventions from general classroom interventions (Tier I) to collaborating on referring students for special education evaluation and the RTI/SST process (Tier III). With the majority of the day-to-day functions being centered on the Tier II - pull out reading, and executive functioning/organizational supports.
· Will support the intervention team by assisting in providing staff with ongoing professional development, and general assistance with implementing interventions as necessary.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
· Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
· Minimum of 2 years in a school leadership position
· Minimum of 2 years administrative or interventionist experience
· Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
· Strong data driven skills/excellence with producing and analyzing large quantities of student growth data
· Deep understanding of the RTI/SST model of support/Child Find
· Promote and maintain positive student-teacher-family relationships
*Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree and ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Starting salary for this position is $41,000 negotiable dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $41,000/year
<p> Starting salary for this position is $41,000 negotiable dependent on education and experience
Job Reference #: 2378795