Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
The Systems Administrator's primary role is to monitor, maintain and support all school?s networks to achieve high performance and scalability, to provide help desk operations and to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. The person in this position needs to have a blend of network and systems administration, IP Routing/Subnetting, customer service and strong desktop support experience/expertise. MUST BE BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND MANDARIN.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configure, monitor, support and maintain all network and server infrastructure
- Configure, monitor, support and maintain Windows applications in a highly-available virtual environment
- Maintain 24-7 availability of business critical applications
- Provide after-hours support and maintenance on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Serves as a help desk tier 2 and 3 engineer to support desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Recommends improvements to hardware and software and purchase of hardware, software and other consumables
- Creates and maintains documentation of IT processes
- Guides site on best practices for security protocol, file-sharing
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Provide system training to both experienced and non-experienced users
- Understanding and appreciation of the BASIS organization and educational mission
- Strong experienced with Windows Server 2012 R2 and Hyper-V
- Strong knowledge of switching, routers and other networking devices
- Attention to detail, quality, and improvement and ability to communicate and monitor throughout the organization
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and execute plans
- Can quickly troubleshoot and analyze problems and develop timely, appropriate, creative, and budget-conscious responses
- Strong project management skills
- High competency with interpreting and communicating in lay terms a variety of instructions in written or verbal form
- Strategic planning experience and ability to take a holistic view of the site and create long-term plans that anticipate growth or altered use
- 2-4 years in an IT Network/System Administration and Help Desk environment
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English
- Proficient in Docker
- Proficient in Puppet Management platform
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM 2012
- Knowledge of Pearson PowerSchool
- Experience with Hyper-V Clustering and EqualLogic SANs
- Experience with SonicWall Appliances
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- MSCE Certification or desire to obtain
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.