System Support Specialist
System Support Specialist - Enrollment & Student Information Systems
The Systems Support Specialist (SSS) is responsible for using superior technical and customer service skills to act as an extension of each school's enrollment and student information team. This role supports the entire application and registration process throughout the enrollment cycle. The SSS will also work with school personnel to set up, use, and maintain the primary student information system and manage the data flow to and from connected systems. The System Support Specialist will also provide project management support related to student enrollment and information systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide enrollment system technical support and enrollment policy guidance to parents, Registrars, and other end users in Arizona, Louisiana and Washington, DC.
- Run open enrollment lotteries and continuously support all aspects of the student admissions and enrollment process.
- Test online enrollment system student application, registration and re-enrollment forms; update content and emails; troubleshoot all technical issues.
- Train Registrars on enrollment policies, processes and procedures in collaboration with mentors (SAMs).
- Analyze reports to support and attain targeted enrollment goals at each campus.
- Maintenance of the PowerSchool student information system, including: storing grades historically, new school year setup, end of school year processing, setup of new schools and instances, gradebooks, student enrollments, user access, and other tasks as required
- Manage data flow to and from a variety of connected student information software systems
- Work with school staff to ensure report cards, transcripts, and honor roll are accurate and disseminated in a timely manner
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and/or training for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Prepare documentation for the purpose of conveying training information to school personnel
- Respond to Jira tickets from parents and various school personnel (staff, teachers, central office administrators, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice, and support
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable - Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must work well under deadlines; prioritize workflow as needed.
- Detail-oriented; able to handle multiple projects with extreme professionalism.
- Professional demeanor and ability to discreetly handle confidential and time-sensitive information.
SKLLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred.
Experience: 2+ years working with Student Information and/or enrollment systems.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office - must have proficiency with MS Excel, Teams, & Outlook. Experience with SchoolMint, PowerSchool, SQL, HTML is a plus.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, Inc. d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and any other entity managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.