Subject Expert Math Teacher at BASIS Austin (Immediate Opening)
BASIS Austin is immediately hiring for a Subject Expert Math Teacher!
BASIS.ed Subject Expert Teachers (SETs) are knowledgeable, passionate teachers that believe that with the right support and encouragement, any child can excel. We hire teachers with academic degrees or an educational emphasis in the disciplines they teach. BASIS.ed subject expert teachers are able to focus their teaching on a specific subject rather than preparing lessons for several subjects every day. They work to cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary student outcomes. A BASIS.ed middle school teacher should have confidence with their content at a level that exceeds the class level. Middle school students As a SET, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans and to teach creative thinking and problem solving.
Additional duties of Subject Expert Teachers include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons for middle school students
- Providing subject instruction on a higher level than grade-standard in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students
- Implementing BASIS.ed curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at a truly internationally competitive level
- Collaborating with other BASIS.ed teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment
- Tutoring students in content-specific knowledge (math, sciences, fine arts, engineering and world history - just to name a few) and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success
- Managing student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed. In addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. Highly qualified teacher requirements vary by state. In some cases a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.