Student Information Systems Analyst
Student Information Systems Analyst
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
The Student Information Systems Analyst's primary role is to work with school management personnel in the setup, use and maintenance of the primary student information system, and the management of the data flow to and from connected systems. The Student Information Systems Analyst might also work on projects within the department as assigned.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the PowerSchool student information system, including: storing grades historically, new school year setup, end of school year processing, setup of new schools and instances, gradebooks, student enrollments, user access, and other tasks as required
- Manage data flow to and from a variety of connected software systems
- Demonstrate the ability to extract data, generate ad-hoc queries and develop reports for end users. (See your last item under primary job responsibilities)
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and/or training for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Prepare documentation for the purpose of conveying training information to school personnel
- Respond to inquiries from various school management personnel (staff, teachers, central office administrators, etc.) for the purpose of providing technical assistance, advice, and support
- Train school end-users on student information system functionality
- Work with school staff to ensure report cards, transcripts, and honor roll are accurate and disseminated in a timely manner
- Perform evaluations and troubleshooting to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Extract data and develop reports for end users
- Excellent knowledge of school environment
- Proficiency using Excel and Word
- Organized, Problem Solver, Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Capable problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years in working with a student information system
- Experience with PowerSchool
- Experience with SQL, HTML, XML
- Experience with data and databases
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.