Special Education Teaching Fellow
Special Education Teaching Fellow
|Office:||BASIS Phoenix Primary|
BASIS Phoenix Primary is seeking a Special Education Teaching Fellow to begin ASAP!
The hours are 9am-5:30pm. Will work with EL/SPED students in small group or 1-on-1 settings.
The role of Teaching Fellow (TF) is to assist the teaching staff while learning the BASIS.ed model and preparing for a future classroom or administrative role. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, and achievement-oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues related to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Classroom teaching at times acting as a substitute, including creating lesson plans and ensuring student engagement
- Assist teachers with classroom management and monitoring students’ task completion, discipline, and order
- Provide students with academic support and tutoring, as necessary
- Monitor and manage study groups
- Assist classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Work with teachers in evaluating student progress and growth
- Proctor student assessments
- Monitor and manage students’ non-scheduled time, such as "Early Bird" and "Late Bird" supervision and lunch monitoring
- Coordinate homework and assignments for absent students
- Assist Director of Student Affairs and Deans with managing student behavior and discipline
- Assist Director of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Adapt to changing school demands and prioritize tasks
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Experience: Experience working in a school environment or instructional capacity
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.