Special Education Specialist
Special Education Specialist
|Office:||BASIS San Antonio Medical Center|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
BASIS San Antonio Medical Center is looking to hire a Special Education Specialist to start immediately!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You’ll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
The role of the Special Education Specialist (SPED Specialist) is primarily to work directly with students to identify and fulfill needed educational services and supports as part of a student’s Individual Education Program (IEP) or 504 plan. Create, execute and maintain Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) and 504s. Ensures that school Special Education practices are aligned with all pertinent regulations and laws.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact directly with assigned student(s) to fulfill IEPs and 504 plan items.
- Fulfill required provisions in student plans, including service minutes, by providing specialized instruction, supports, and/or related services.
- Provide one-on-one support for students on IEP or 504 plans, as appropriate.
- Implement, promote and provide guidance on all disability law requirements and procedures to general education teachers pertaining to their assigned students; including but not limited to: IDEA, Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal Special Education laws.
- Attend and participate in parent meetings with the SPED/Senior SPED Coordinator and provide information/data collected regarding supported students.
- Assist in the facilitation of student plan reviews.
- Collect and maintain paperwork associated with IEP and 504 plans. Ensure confidentiality and integrity of student records and progress information.
- Regular, full, predictable attendance.
- Supervision of individual students or groups of students.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree is required for this position.
Certifications and Credentials: Valid state issued cross-categorical special education certification preferred, not required.
Experience: 2+ years in a role with relatable job duties, ideally in a similarly sized school
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Share Point, IEP document management system used by the school in the applicable jurisdiction.
Arizona Applicants: A valid IVP fingerprint card is required to work as a Special Education Specialist at BASIS.ed.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.