Special Education Instructional Assistant
BASIS Scottsdale Primary - Home of the Bullpups is seeking qualified candidates for a Special Education Instructional Assistant for the 2023/24 school year!
The role of the Special Education Instructional Assistant (SPED Instructional Assistant) is to assist in all aspects of the Special Education Program at the school’s site. Special Education Assistants help maintain communication with the ESS Coordinator and/or SPED teacher and general education teachers. The SPED Assistant will provide paraprofessional support for individual student(s) or small groups with a variety of exceptionalities such as autism, developmental delay, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, emotional disability, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certifications and Credentials: Passing score on applicable paraprofessional exam, CPI or TACT-2.
- 1+ years with related special education job duties.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with students with disabilities in general education, small group setting, or 1:1 setting.
- Reinforce positive behavior expectations.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and progress information
- Assist the ESS Coordinator/SPED Teacher with preparation of resource materials for individual students/small groups.
- Provide progress reporting information to ESS Coordinator/SPED Teacher
- Help the ESS Coordinator/SPED Teacher in all aspects of implementing individualized education programs Plans (IEP)
- Reinforce and reteach concepts introduced by the special education teachers.
- Support the ESS Coordinator/SPED Teacher by performing administrative and clerical tasks.
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance.
- Potential site designee to provide CPI or TACT-2 (verbal de-escalation and/or physical restraint)
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.