Special Education Coordinator 23/24
BASIS Tucson Primary is seeking qualified candidates for a Special Education Coordinator for the 2023/24 school year!
BASIS Charter Schools offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You’ll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
- A Bachelor's degree
- A valid state issued Cross-Categorical certificate OR the Mild-Moderate Disabilities certificate
- Valid fingerprint clearance are required
- Experience working as a special education teacher in a K-12 school setting is preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge and credibility to parents, students, staff, supervisors, and outside agencies through oral and written communication that is timely, confident, and articulate
- A high GPA in his/her major
- A thorough knowledge of current disability law (IDEA, Section 504)
- Excellent recommendations
- Experience working with children
- Ability to perform tasks with precision (attention to detail, adherence to timelines)
- Excellent organizational skills and facility with office technology
- Open to new ideas in education
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Adapting and delivering specially designed instruction to eligible students with disabilities;
- Providing case management services for students with disabilities including plan/program development, provision, and compliance;
- Supervising itinerant related service providers;
- Coordinating and assuring full state and federal compliance with all aspects of programming (identification, review, dismissal) for students with disabilities per the IDEA, Section 504 and the ADA;
- Preparing and reporting accurate and timely data for internal and external regulatory purposes;
- Supporting general education teachers and collaborating with administrators to ensure the provision of FAPE
Arizona Applicants: A valid IVP fingerprint card is required to work as a Special Education Teacher PLUS at BASIS Charter Schools.
About BASIS.ed: The BASIS Charter School program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Charter Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to K-12 students. It is imperative that our Special Education Teachers share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.