|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a Software Engineer to be a part of its growing team! Looking for someone who is excited and eager to lead the charge in building advanced software systems used to manage the best schools in the country.
The main role of the Software Developer Engineer is to use a strong knowledge of software programming to develop, test, and implement systems and software across the BASIS companies. In this role, the Software Developer Engineer will collaborate with various BASIS departments, school administrators, and external Software Engineers and Account Representatives to accomplish systems integrations and customizations. Further, this role will be responsible for high level troubleshooting, help desk support, and occasional server maintenance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Version control using github, bitbucket, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet.
- Develop and manage new systems synchronizations using API, DEM and ETL processes using T-SQL, SSMS, SSIS, C#, BCP Scripting and other technologies.
- Responsible for Systems, Databases and UI design, consultation, testing and implementation.
- Responsible for integration implementation, synchronization and customizations of various systems across BASIS companies.
- Collaborate with Lead Software Developer and other department heads in the development and administration of multiple systems (Powerschool, SmartChoice, ParentSquare, FastBridge, GradeCam, eIEP-Pro, AIMS and wso2 Middleware).
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and Account Representatives at external companies to accomplish system synchronizations and data integrations.
- Perform high-level systems help desk and support.
- Collaborate on wso2 middleware with Lead Software Developer.
- Assist with training and supervision of new interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks. Ability to prioritize and work on several different tasks at the same time.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable - Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university required. Certifications and Credentials: None.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.