|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a Software Developer to be a part of its growing team! Looking for someone who is excited and eager to lead the charge in building advanced software systems used to manage the best schools in the country.
The main role of the Software Developer Engineer is to use a strong knowledge of software programming to develop, test, and deploy systems and software across the BASIS companies. The Software Developer takes direction from the Software Architect and the CIO.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience working with version control using GIT/BitBucket.
- Drive automation at all stages of software development, release, operations, and maintenance. (Jenkins, Maven).
- Experience with Containerization & Container Orchestration technologies (Docker)
- Testing tools experience.
- RESTful Server development.
- Strong SQL Server experience.
- Collaborate with various BASIS departments and school administrators across the BASIS network in development, systems integrations and customizations.
- Assist with mentoring less experienced team members and lead with good coding principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain good coding principles.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several different tasks at the same time.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable - Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university required. Certifications and Credentials: None. Experience: 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience. Computer Skills: Microsoft OS knowledge required; primarily Windows Servers 2017. Proficient in Python. Experience with SQL, JSON and version control using GIT/BitBucket. RESTful API integrations. Desired Skills: Docker, Jenkins, Maven
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.