Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Software Developer Engineer
Software Developer Engineer
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a Software Developer Engineer to be a part of its growing team!
The main role of the Software Developer Engineer is to use a strong knowledge of software programming to develop, test, and implement systems and software across the BASIS companies. Collaborate with various BASIS departments, school administrators, and external Software Engineers and Account Representatives to accomplish systems integrations and customizations. Responsible for high level troubleshooting, help desk support, and occasional server maintenance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop and manage ETL Processes and ETL Abstractions using T-SQL, SSMS, SSIS, C#, BCP Scripting and other technologies.
- Responsible for Systems, Databases and UI design, consultation, testing and implementation.
- Collaborate with Lead Software Developer and other department heads in the development and administration of multiple systems (PwS, AIMS, SmartChoice, FastBridge, ParentSquare, GradeCam, eIEP-Pro, BeLA, SDM, and wso2 Middleware).
- Collaborate with various BASIS departments and school administrators across the BASIS network in development, systems integrations and customizations.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and Account Representatives at external companies to accomplish system synchronizations and data integrations.
- Responsible for integration implementation and synchronization of various systems across BASIS companies.
- Assist the IT department in PwS and MongoDB Systems and Database Administration; create systems configuration documentation; conduct high-level OS troubleshooting and occasional server maintenance.
- Reponsible for PwS SIS mapping and customization transition of Plugins, Page Fragments and Insertion Points.
- Complete PwS Data Migrations.
- Develop, implement and manage PowerSchool security architecture for all PwS instances.
- Program complex SQL builds for reports in PowerSchool and other systems for members of Data Management and BASIS school administrators and teachers at BINS and DC schools using SQL Developer, APEX, PowerQueries, Object Reports and SQL Reports 4.
- Create high-level PwS customizations that house complex reports and extend user functionality of the PwS SIS.
- Collaborate in the setup of new systems synchronizations using API, DEM and ETL processes with Lead Software Developer.
- Perform high-level systems help desk and support.
- Collaborate on wso2 middleware with Lead Software Developer. ? Assist with training and supervision of new interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized ? Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks. Ability to prioritize and work on several different tasks at the same time.
- Detail Oriented ? Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication ? Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable ? Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative ? Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable ? Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient ? Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.