BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team ASAP!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Controller with the reconciliations for the monthly close process, monthly journal entries and other special projects, as well as development and analysis of financial models. Perform financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow modeling, variance analysis, and ad-hoc analysis on a diverse range of projects.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Month-end, year-end close, analysis and reconcilement of balance sheet accounts.
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet and general ledger records.
- Prepare and review fixed assets reconciliations.
- Retrieve and analyze financial data directly from financial databases.
- Generate reports using Microsoft Excel for further analysis.
- Prepare and analyze budget variance reports.
- Document policies and procedures
- Review agreements and recommend appropriate cost allocations
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution - Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints; demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise. Ability to organize data into user-friendly formatting/reporting.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. Ability to make decisions independently and quickly if needed.
- Multitask- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university.
Certifications and Credentials: None
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office - must have advanced proficiency with MS Excel. Sage/Intacct and SAP/Concur experience a plus.
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.