School Support Specialist
BASIS.ed is looking for qualified candidates for a School Support Specialist position to join our Scottsdale Office!
The role of the School Support Specialist (SSS) is to develop, organize, and maintain BASIS Charter Schools procedures and communicate them to the school leaders. It is critical that the role works closely with School Management Services and BASIS.ed service departments to collect pertinent information and distribute accordingly. This position supports school leaders by providing them with information and processes that better organize their campuses, train and support their teams (by providing oversight to the School Admin Mentors-SAMs), provide services to the families, and provides continuity between campuses. The other critical component of this role is to manage the relevant planning process for the schools and ensure that they are effectively communicated to the families. This would include calendars, emergency notifications, etc.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Support school leaders by developing, organizing, and communicating updated process and policies on the School Management Knowledge Base page.
- Maintain the information on the non-teaching staff Knowledge Base pages.
- Collect and update the interdepartmental calendar between BASIS.ed and the schools.
- Work closely with BASIS.ed service departments to ensure processes are properly documented and up to date.
- Act as liaison between the schools and ParentSquare support.
- Maintain and create necessary Outlook and MS Teams distribution groups.
- Collect feedback from school leaders regarding processes that should be documented or updated.
- Manage the timeline and execution of the school calendars, communication journals, guidebooks and the school management newsletter.
- Oversee the nominations, interviews, and selection process for the SAMs.
- Execute the SAMs trainings/retreats and non-teaching staff trainings.
- Work with BASIS.ed service departments to ensure that SAMs are distributing accurate information to the schools.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable - Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required.
Certifications and Credentials: None.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Project Management or Communications. Experience in a school setting is preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Confluence, and ParentSquare
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.