School Management Administrative Assistant
Looking to transition out of the classroom but want to stay within Education?
Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your critical thinking and organizational skills?
Are you seeking a position that allows you to break the mold and carve your own path?
If you said yes, please consider our School Management Administrative Assistant / School Support Specialist position at our Scottsdale Office!
The role of the School Support Specialist is to organize and support School Management Services (SMS) by collecting and distributing pertinent information. Also, to complete administrative tasks, develop streamlined processes and liaise between schools and other departments at the BASIS.ed office. This position also supports the school leaders by overseeing the School Administration Mentors (SAMS), managing communication between them and their teams, arranging stipend payouts, and organizing trainings.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Support school leaders by developing, organizing, and communicating updated process and policies on the School Management and Non-Teaching Staff Knowledge Base Pages.
- Collect and update the interdepartmental Calendar.
- Work closely with BASIS.ed services departments to ensure projects are moving forward and progress is being communicated to the school leaders.
- Troubleshoot, answer questions, provide systems updates and set up ParentSquare accounts for the school’s staff and families.
- Create and maintain Outlook and MS Teams distribution groups.
- Collect feedback from school leaders regarding processes that should be documented or updated.
- Manage the timeline, execution and distribution of the school calendars, communication journals, guidebooks, and annual projects.
- Collate monthly information from department heads and create a newsletter for school-based leaders
- Manage and distribute weekly non-teaching staff change and updates and communicate this to department heads and school staff.
- Oversee the nominations, interviews and selection process for the SAMs
- Track SAM communications, upload information dispersed by SAM to Knowledge pages. Confirm that SAMS are sending regular correspondence and answering questions in a timely manner.
- Take part in regular check-ins with SAMs.
- Be part of the coordination of training sessions for SAMs, non-teaching staff and SMS during Summer Institute Trainings and HOS HOPS retreats/trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting and coordinating tasks.
- Communication- effectively convey information both verbally, and in writing.
- Accountable- Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative- Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with other in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable- Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background, or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient- Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productively and minimize wasted time.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required.
Certifications and Credentials: None.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in project management or communications. Experience in a school setting is preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Teams, Confluence, and ParentSquare.
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and Collegial school community.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2504976