School Counselor - Southern AZ
BASIS is seeking a compassionate and dedicated School Counselor in Southern Arizona.
As a School Counselor, you will provide guidance and support to students in their personal, social, and academic development. You will collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes students' overall well-being. Your role will involve counseling students individually and in groups, conducting assessments, and implementing programs to address students' emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions to help students overcome personal, social and academic challenges.
- Assess students needs and develop personalized plans to enhance their well-being and achieve academic success.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents and administrators to identify and address students emotional and behavioral issues.
- Provide crisis intervention and support to students experience emergencies or traumatic events.
- Guide students in setting goals, making informed decisions and developing effective study and time management skills.
- Design and deliver workshops and presentations on topics such as bullying, stress management, career planning and college readiness.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records of counseling sessions and student progress.
- Stay up to date with best practices in school counseling and participate in professional development activities.
- Advocate for students needs and work with community resources to provide additional support when necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
- Master’s degree in counseling or related field (preferred).
- State certification or licensure as a School Counselor (required).
- 2 years experience in providing services to students in an educational setting (preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build trust and rapport with students, parents and faculty members.
- Knowledge of assessment techniques, counseling theories and intervention strategies.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations and ethical guidelines pertaining to school counseling.
- Ability to work collaboratively, maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with professionalism.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with counseling software.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.