BASIS.ed is looking for an experienced Procurement Clerk to work with BASIS.ed personnel, currently serving Arizona, Texas, DC, and Louisiana by centralizing purchasing. The position will be responsible for ensuring all state, federal, and local compliance requirements are met and are consistent with the organization’s internal controls.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations at the various BASIS schools to assist with meeting their purchasing needs timely while ensuring procurement compliance requirements are being met.
- Assist with providing training and guidance to the various schools on their respective state, federal and local procurement requirements.
- Work closely with the accounting team and business partners to answer questions and support the business.
- Assist with providing training and guidance to schools and the central office during transition to E-procurement software
- Evaluate current and new suppliers to determine optimal setup for supply contracts, taking into account costs, delivery times, product quality and available inventory
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, including researching prices, products and other data beforehand and coordinating with suppliers to create optimal purchasing contracts
- Review and maintain vendor Certificate of Insurance database
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply management, business administration or high school diploma plus minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Solid understanding of supply chain concepts and supplier analysis methods
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed.
- Experience with internal control compliance
- Experience with writing, scheduling and evaluating RFPs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, written, problem solving and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive results in a fast-paced/deadline oriented environment while managing multiple projects.
- Previous experience with government procurement and grant requirements, including E-rate
- Knowledge of Ariett/AvidXchange and ReqNet
- Professional certification, such as CPSM, CPP, CSCP, etc.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.