Building Blocks Preschool Scottsdale is seeking a Preschool Teacher to start ASAP!
Building Blocks Preschool and BASIS Beginners Preschool embrace the joy of acquiring knowledge and becoming self-assured in the classroom!
Our teachers support and inspire students by guiding them through thematic and content-rich curriculum that helps them meet the highest appropriate levels of development and Early Education benchmarks. Our teachers are given the autonomy to teach in the manner that suits them, including choice on how to best create lessons that foster student enthusiasm and passion for learning.
The role of the Early Education Teacher (EET) is to ensure the day-to-day exceptional education of students by preparing and facilitating age-appropriate, engaging, and hands-on lesson plans. Early Education Teachers implement the Building Blocks Curriculum inspired by STREAM learning while tailoring thematic units to integrate their knowledge and enthusiasm of the topics.
- Prepare and facilitate age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans
- Implement the Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to promote academic success.
- Collaborate with other teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality, and respect in all students
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," lunch, recess, and nap/quiet time
- Maintain attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Maintain proper cleanliness in all facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Create hands-on lessons that contribute to emergent multilingual students English language acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development or closely related field.
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 2+ years teaching/education experience
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, Building Blocks Preschool* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "Building Blocks Preschool" refers to: Building Blocks and all affiliated entities.