Preschool Assistant Teacher
Building Blocks Preschool - Scottsdale is looking for qualified Assistant Preschool Teacher to start ASAP!
Building Blocks Preschool embraces a love of learning while building a foundation for academic success.
- Experience: 6+ months child care experience
- Education:12 credit hours from an accredited college or university (with 6 or more credit hours in early childhood, child development or closely related field)
- Certifications and Credentials: Valid Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card and satisfactory applicable state background check
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience: 1+ years child care/teaching/education experience
- Education: Associate degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or closely related field
- Monitor students to ensure safety
- Oversee students’ behavior during lunches, recesses, passing periods, lessons and before and after school
- Report any unruly behavior to school management
- Inform supervisor of any damages to school property
- Respond to emergency situations, such as injuries or food allergies, with urgency
- Exercise sound judgement in carrying out duties
- Assist in front office support, as applicable
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students during structured and unstructured times
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.