BASIS.ed is seeking a full time Payroll Accountant to join our team.
In addition to our corporate office, we process payroll for 2000+ employees on a semi-monthly schedule, with both an hourly and salary schedule. Consequently, we're looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payroll for multiple locations and how that translates to our accounting software. We're seeking someone who is familiar with multiple states payroll processes, and can complete accounting functions, and willing to lend his or her skills to other tasks when the opportunity arises.
- Process payroll information producing paychecks for approximately 2,000+ employees in a multi-state payroll setting.
- Prepare and distribute all required payroll reports according to the appropriate schedule.
- Research, review, and analyze payroll data (PTO, Health Benefit Premiums, 401K, 401K Loans, etc.)
- Prepare various reports such as payroll analysis trends, benefits, and 401K
- Complete imports from the payroll system and upload to the accounting system
- Various journal entries for reclasses and corrections
- Complete payroll reconciliations and tax verifications
- Training of new personal at the school level on the payroll system
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years' experience in payroll
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (ex. Pivot Tables, VLookups, Formulas, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with multi state payroll preferred
- Proficiency in all other MS Office applications is a plus but not required
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Familiarity with ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, DOL, and IRS regulations.
- Detail oriented
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.