Parking Lot Monitor (Part-Time)
BASIS Ahwatukee is seeking a Part-Time Parking Lot Monitor to start ASAP! The Parking Lot Monitor plays an important role in the safety and welfare of the students.
This position will report to the Head of Operations.
- Provides traffic and parking control for the purpose of maintaining efficient and orderly traffic flow and use of parking lot.
- Enforces all school rules.
- Stop traffic for parents and students crossing parking lot.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. fights, injuries, incidents, suspicious activities, etc.) for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Operations.
- Ability to command respect and work with students in a positive manner.
- A high level of commitment to the school and the students.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift and endure all weather conditions.
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma, training and/or experience in a safety related function. A valid fingerprint clearance card is required to work at BASIS.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in a security related work environment is desirable.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
The BASIS academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.