Math Teaching Fellow
BASIS Oro Valley is seeking an Assistant Teacher to join our bright, passionate teaching team to start ASAP!
The Assistant Teacher’s Role
The Assistant Teacher role may teach a select number of courses and/or sub for an existing teacher. The position allows you to learn the BASIS Charter School model and program, including many aspects of the school, and prepares you for full time classroom teaching or other roles.
Assistant Teachers have a visible presence in all areas of school life, assist with issues or tasks relating to the well-being of our students, and join their colleagues in maintaining a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Ability to work full time
- Willingness to take and pass the NES Elementary Education Assessment, if necessary
- Willingness to be considered for other campuses other than the original desired campus
- Willingness to acquire and maintain current practices in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Charter School teaching methodologies
Typical Job Responsibilities (may vary per campus needs)
- Classroom teaching, both part-time and as a substitute
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress, needs, and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing students’ non-scheduled time, including Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Assisting the school’s Deans and Directors of Student Affairs with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting the school with managing and executing key programs
Additional Skills and Competencies (may vary per campus needs)
- Math Background. (OV Campus need)
- Assisting with office tasks. (OV Campus need)
- Extremely detail-oriented, self-starter. (OV Campus need)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. (OV Campus need)
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Charter School academic program and school model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
About BASIS.ed: The BASIS academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.