Math Teacher (Elementary)
BASIS Baton Rouge Materra Campus - Home of the Gators is seeking qualified candidates for an Elementary Math Teacher to start ASAP!
Learn more about BASIS Baton Rouge Materra Campus - https://enrollbasis.com/baton-rouge-materra/
The role of the Math Teacher (SET) is to ensure the day-to-day exceptional education of students by preparing and facilitating subject specific lesson plans. Subject Expert Teachers implement the established BASIS Curriculum while tailoring specific topics to integrate their knowledge and passion for the subject.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in subject matter (or 24+ credit hours in applicable subject matter with other degree).
- A valid fingerprint clearance and/or satisfactory applicable state background check.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Teaching Certificate or License must be in good standing.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in subject matter or education.
- 2+ years teaching/education experience.
SETs Role in our Co-Teaching Model:
BASIS Elementary Teachers are knowledgeable, passionate and believe in transforming education. Our K-3 (or K-4, depending on campus location)classrooms are co-taught with not one, but two elementary school teachers co-creating with students at all times. Our Subject Expert Teachers (SETs) are responsible for cultivating and implementing grade and subject specific lessons plans. The SET is also in charge or daily instruction and will collaborate with the Learning Expert Teacher (LETs) to ensure students’ needs are met academically. Our elementary teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS teachers celebrate the art of elementary education and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our elementary teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
- Prepare and facilitate subject and grade specific lesson plans
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade-standard in an interactive learning environment to achieve exceptional results for all students
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is internationally competitive
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality, and respect in all students
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and Collegial school community.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.