BASIS Oro Valley Primary is seeking candidates for a Maintenance Technician to start ASAP!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS.
- 2+ years of Facilities & building maintenance experience
- Ability to make quick & important facilities related decisions
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to implement and adjust procedures
- Be adaptable to change
- Ability to lift 25 - 50lbs
- Be able to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building
Benefits and Hourly Pay: Hourly pay rate for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees.
- Responsible for repairs of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and safety systems
- Responds to staff requests for maintenance, custodial services, equipment needs, furniture movement, and HVAC
- Coordinates third party vendors for maintenance agreements, custodial services, HVAC large repairs, landscaping, and pest control
- Ensures grounds are maintained fee from litter and debris
- Assess and repair maintenance issues
- Maintain file on work orders, proposals, and all other facilities related file
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up
- Acts as the campus safety manager for traffic and emergency response
- Maintain Emergency preparedness program
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
About BASIS.ed: The BASIS academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.