|Office:||BASIS Washington DC|
|Location:||Washington DC, DC|
BASIS DC is seeking qualified candidates for a Learning Specialist for the 2019/2020 school year!!
BASIS Washington DC is seeking a Learning Specialist to provide quality services to students with disabilities in grades 5th through 12th. The Learning Specialist will participate in the planning and implementation of student programs including special instruction and consultation to general education staff, participation in, and preparation for MDT/IEP/504/SST (*required).
This position will work under direction of the Head of School and Exceptional Education Department.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare student education plans in consultation with parents and IEP team members.
- Design instruction, both individual and small group, which parallels the general education curriculum.
- Facilitate IEP implementation with general education staff.
- Monitor student progress, participates in review and revision of IEP, as appropriate.
- Assist other professional staff in diagnosis of learning disorders, development of planned remediation and evaluation of student progress.
- Maintain appropriate student data and other records and submit reports as required.
- Articulate curriculum between and among student levels.
- Manage classroom organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to access and evaluate student progress.
- Ability to function as a member of an educational team, collaborate with general education staff, support personnel, community agencies, and parents.
- Strong behavior management and positive discipline skills.
- Ability to be flexible and receptive to change.
Minimum Qualifications: Highly qualified. Bachelor’s degree and experience in Inclusive and Pull Out Settings.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with Exceptional education students; modifying/adapting general education curriculum; providing education services in varied environments. Conditional/Provisional and/or state Licensure preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.