Kindergarten Teaching Fellow
BASIS San Antonio North Central is seeking a Kindergarten Teaching Fellow to join our bright, passionate teaching team for the 2021/2022 school year!
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and collegial school community.
The Assistant Teacher Role
The position allows you to learn the BASIS Charter School model and program, including many aspects of the school, and prepares you for full time classroom teaching or other roles.
Assistant Teachers have a visible presence in all areas of school life, assist with issues or tasks relating to the well-being of our students, and join their colleagues in maintaining a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture.
Depending on the campus, Assistant Teachers may engage in any or all of the following:
- Classroom teaching, both part-time and as a substitute
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Working with teachers in evaluating student progress, needs, and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing students’ non-scheduled time, including Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting the school’s Deans and Directors of Student Affairs with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting the school’s Directors of Academic Programs with managing and executing key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Charter School academic program and school model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintaining the highest professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Ability to work full time
- Willingness to take and pass the NES Elementary Education Assessment, if necessary
- Willingness to be considered for other campuses other than the original desired campus
- Willingness to acquire and maintain current practices in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Charter School teaching methodologies
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.