Junior Systems Administrator
The Jr. Systems Administrator's role is to monitor, maintain and support all school’s networks to achieve high performance and scalability and to provide technical assistance to users within BASIS.ed. The person in this position needs to have a strong desire and ability to learn new systems as well as quickly troubleshoot issues.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configure, monitor, support and maintain all network and server infrastructure
- Configure, monitor, support and maintain Windows applications in a highly-available virtual environment
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provide on-site assistance to schools as needed.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Maintain 24-7 availability of business critical applications
- Provide after-hours support and maintenance on a rotating on-call schedule.
- Create and maintain documentation of IT processes
- Guides sites on best practices for security posture and standardization
- Guides and trains technology coordinators on current IT processes
- Experience with Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Knowledge of Windows Server
- Knowledge of switching, routers and other networking devices
- Attention to detail, quality, and improvement and ability to communicate and monitor throughout the organization
- Can quickly troubleshoot and analyze problems and develop timely, appropriate, creative, responses
- Strong communication skills, including being able to explain complex processes to non-technology users.
- Desire to learn and grow within the IT field.
- 2-4 years in a help desk environment
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with Meraki appliances
- Experience with Aruba switches
- Experience with security systems
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- MSCE Certification or desire to obtain
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.