Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Washington DC|
|Location:||Washington DC, DC|
BASIS DC is looking for an Interventionist for the 2018/2019 school year!
- Plan and implement systematic academic interventions for 600 students in a 5-12 grade advanced curriculum learning environment.
- Improve academic achievement for all students - working with a student intervention team to design and provide academic interventions from general classroom interventions (Tier I) to collaborating on referring students for special education evaluation and the RTI/SST process (Tier III). With the majority of the day to day functions being centered on the Tier II ? pull out reading, math, and executive functioning/organizational supports.
- Will support the intervention team by assisting in providing staff with ongoing professional development, and general assistance with implementing interventions as necessary.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years administrative or interventionist experience
- Bachelor degree, masters preferred
- Strong data driven skills/excellence with producing and analyzing large quantities of student growth data
- Deep understanding of the RTI/SST model of support/Child Find
- Promote and maintain positive student-teacher-family relationships
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education and able to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.