Helpdesk/IT Field Service Technician
Helpdesk/IT Field Service Technician
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a Helpdesk Technician to join its growing IT team!
The Helpdesk/IT Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining and revising existing IT systems as well as providing technical assistance to users and others within BASIS.ed. Ability to resolve issues timely or escalate issues to the appropriate team. Handle the administration of system functionality. Travel to charter schools to support any IT related issues as needed. Local school travel would be 40-60% of this job.
- Provide customer service and IT support during field visits and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage all on-site installation, maintenance, repairs and testing tasks to ensure proper documentation of all related processes.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions to produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and briefings using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Establish assistance by studying system requirements, including ordering and gathering essential components and parts, completing the installation, and performing quality assurance tests.
- Work with local technology coordinators at school level to provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end users satisfaction. Responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via telephone or electronically.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Helpdesk service ticket or communication system process.
- Evaluate new and existing software products.
- Maintains reference documentation for existing and developed IT systems.
- Managing systems integration.
- Beta testing new system features.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution Ability to deescalate high emotion situations. Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
At least 2+ years IT experience. Knowledge of personal computers and PC application and development software desired.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- Experience and in-depth knowledge MS Active Directory
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Virtualization technology
- High degree of knowledge of IT infrastructure and server technology
- High degree of knowledge with routers, switches, firewalls and many other network devices
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must have in-depth understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs
- MCSE/MCSA/MCP, A+ and/or Network+ are desirable
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.