Head of Sales - EdTech Platform
Are you an enthusiast who wants to contribute to the growth of a new company? A company with a unique vision, a strong financial background and proven expertise?
As a Head of Sales, you will be responsible for selling the educational platform called SPORK to prospective clients. SPORK is a comprehensive e-learning platform that provides K-12 students and their teachers with access to a variety of interactive educational resources, including lesson plans, electronic textbooks, quizzes and interactive games.
You will be tasked with identifying and cultivating new business opportunities, managing and nurturing relationships with existing clients, and negotiating and closing sales deals. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the education industry, as well as experience selling enterprise software solutions to schools and educational institutions.
You will be rewarded for your strong performance with a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to earn options on shares of the company.
* Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve company goals and revenue targets.
* Identify and cultivate new business opportunities through proactive prospecting, networking, and relationship building.
* Manage and nurture relationships with existing clients to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling.
* Collaborate with internal teams, including product development, to ensure that sales strategies are aligned with overall company objective.
* Build and maintain a deep understanding of the software products and solutions offered by the company, as well as the competitive landscape.
* Conduct presentations and demonstrations to potential clients to showcase the benefits and value of the software product.
* Provide training and support to clients to ensure that they are able to effectively use the software platform.
* Negotiate and close the sales deals, including software licensing and subscription agreements.
* Build and maintain accurate and up-to-date sales forecasts and pipeline reports.
* Provide feedback to the company’s leadership team on market trends, customer needs, and competitive intelligence.
* Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
* At least 3 years of experience in software sales, with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
* Experience selling enterprise software solutions in the B2B market.
* Willingness to travel as required to attend sales meetings with clients as well as internal meetings and trainings.
* Proactive, self-motivated, and results-driven, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships, and to identify and develop new business opportunities.
* Deep understanding of software sales methodologies, including account planning, prospecting, solution selling, and value-based selling.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.