BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office is looking for a Grants Coordinator to join the team ASAP!
The Grants Coordinator plays an important role by conducting the full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit, and manage all existing and future government grants and contracts for schools managed by BASIS.ed. This role will be responsible for increasing and securing funding to ensure the continued success of all our schools. We're looking for a proactive self-starter who can build relationships internally and externally and is eager to fully own a significant function within our growing organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide recommendations and expert advice to management or other groups on process-related topics
- Conduct or carry out work procedures and activities in accordance with local, state, federal, and internal regulations
- Researching, locating, developing, writing, and administering federal, state, and private grants, contracts, and external funding sources
- Write and assemble all sections of each grant proposal, with key input from Compliance, Finance, and other staff as required
- Coordinate with relevant staff in order to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals prior to submission deadlines
- Oversee and ensure compliance of grants. Implement policies to ensure compliance with funding agency regulations
- Advise staff in the design of sponsored programs. Oversee proposal preparation and submission process
- Work closing with Head of Operations at the various BASIS schools to ensure procurement compliance requirements are being met
- Provide guidance and monitor allowable expenses in accordance with the grant requirements.
- Maintain the General Ledger to match draw requests and eligible expenses
- Maintain excellent communication and updates to supervisor and keep him/her abreast of status of all grants and grant reporting
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong Writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and coordinate with a wide range of sponsors and faculty and staff
- Demonstrate sound fiscal and time management skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and positions, both orally and in written form, to all levels of professionals
- Knowledge of grant management and compliance requirements
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent two years of experience working in accounting or grants.
Preferred Qualifications to include:
- Two years of experience in the education industry
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.