The Grant Accountant plays an important role by conducting a wide range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage existing and future grants for BASIS.ed managed schools. This role is responsible for budget preparation, allowable expense verification, and draw submittal, We are looking for a proactive self-starter who can build relationships internally and externally and is eager to own a significant function within our growing organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with relevant staff in order to solicit timely and appropriate input/review of grant proposals prior to submission deadlines
- Work directly with key members in the budget preparation process
- Responsible for submitting budgets for review and approval through the respective grant management system(s)
- Work closely with the Procurement department and department heads to ensure procurement compliance requirements are being met
- Work with school leaders to ensure expenditures are in alignment with the approved budget and projected spending timeline
- Responsible for providing guidance and monitoring allowable expenses in accordance with the grant requirements.
- Review and maintenance of the General Ledger for allowable expenses
- Responsible for submitting budget revisions, as necessary
- Work directly with accounting staff to ensure accurate coding of grant related expenses
- Work closely with Compliance, and other staff as required
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations are being met for the various grants
- Submittal of draw request in compliance with the grant award
- Maintain excellent communication on the status of all grants
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and coordinate with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrate sound fiscal and time management skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and positions, both orally and in written form, to all levels of professionals
- Knowledge of grant management and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of CFR and EDGAR
- Proficient in excel
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2 years of experience administrating and managing grants
Preferred Qualifications to include:
- 2 years of experience in the education industry
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, Inc. d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and any other entity managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.