Foreign Language Teacher (2020-21)
Foreign Language Teacher (2020-21)
|Office:||BASIS Washington DC|
|Location:||Washington DC, DC|
BASIS DC is seeking a Foreign Language Teacher for the 2020-21 school year!
The role of the Subject Expert Teacher (SET) is to ensure the day-to-day exceptional education of students by preparing and facilitating subject specific lesson plans. Subject Expert Teachers implement the established BASIS Curriculum while tailoring specific topics to integrate their knowledge and passion for the subject.
- Prepare and facilitate subject and grade specific lesson plans
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade-standard in an interactive learning environment to achieve exceptional results for all students
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is internationally competitive
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality, and respect in all students
- Participate in extracurricular programs, such as clubs and sports
- Substitute for peer courses as needed
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as "Early Bird," "Late Bird," and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in subject matter (or 24+ credit hours in applicable subject matter with other degree)
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or satisfactory applicable state background check
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in subject matter or education
Experience: 2+ years teaching/education experience
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.