Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed Central Office Scottsdale is seeking qualified candidates for a Financial Analyst!
The BASIS.ed Central Offices provide critical support to our top ranked schools. Your ability to drive results impacts our schools'; success and the global growth of our organization. If you're excited about how your work will influence educational outcomes or support global growth, bring that excitement with you to this role.
The role of the Financial Analyst is to develop financial models and provide analysis to stakeholders. Perform financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow modeling, variance analysis, and ad-hoc analysis on a diverse range of projects. Recommend process efficiencies and give guidance to the accounting staff. Responsible for providing process improvement research and implementation for the growing finance unit. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve financial data directly from financial databases
- Generate reports using Microsoft Excel for further analysis
- Prepare and analyze budget variance reports
- Develop improved reporting methods and distribution
- Optimize business process associated with the finance unit of a growing organization
- Provide ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution - Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints; demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise. Ability to organize data into user-friendly formatting/reporting.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. Ability to make decisions independently and quickly if needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related business field from a regionally accredited college or university
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Office - must have advanced proficiency with MS Excel, SharePoint, Power BI, SQL and VBA knowledge preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law.