Financial Analyst II
BASIS.ed Central Office Scottsdale is seeking qualified candidates for a Financial Analyst II!
The BASIS.ed Central Offices provide critical support to our top ranked schools. Your ability to drive results impacts our schools’ success and the global growth of our organization. If you're excited about how your work will influence educational outcomes or support global growth, bring that excitement with you to this role.
The role of the Financial Analyst II is to develop financial models and provide analysis to stakeholders. Perform financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, cash flow modeling, variance analysis, and ad-hoc analysis on a diverse range of projects. Recommend process efficiencies and give guidance to the accounting staff. Responsible for providing process improvement research and implementation for the growing finance unit. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participates in annual budget process by preparing and maintaining a variety of records and backup sources.
- Prepares a variety of reports, and analyses including, but not limited to, financial plans, government/regulatory requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Organizes information from a variety of sources for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts. Collaborates with all levels of management, both internally and externally, to gather, analyze, summarize, prepare, and present recommendations regarding financial plans and other financial matters. Researches and evaluates information to resolve issues and makes recommendations. Develops and/or executes complex financial models.
- Provides a high level of service that cultivates and maintains strong working relationships and communicates effectively; takes ownership and accountability for timeliness, accuracy and relationship management. Becomes a strategic partner that understands operations, financial drivers, and business plans. Builds strong relationships with team, internal and external customers. Begins being influential in team’s and organizations success.
- Collaborates with the other teams to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Develop improved automated reporting, reporting methods, and distribution.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution - Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints; demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise. Ability to organize data into user-friendly formatting/reporting.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. Ability to make decisions independently and quickly if needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related business field from a regionally accredited college or university
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, education industry experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel - Drafting advanced formulas, using tables and formatting, pivot tables and pivot reporting, advanced charting. VBA and macros, knowledge preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.