ELL Assistant 22/23
BASIS Tucson Primary is seeking qualified candidates for an ELL Assistant for the 2022/23 school year!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
BASIS Tucson Primary is seeking an ELL Assistant who will assist with the delivery, instruction, and identification of English Language Learners (ELLs).
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advocate for the academic and personal/social needs of English Language Learners.
- Support classroom teachers in the consistent implementation of programming, best practices, and recommendations for ELLs.
- Provide intervention support during academic times (especially Literacy and STEM times) in 5-12 classrooms.
- Plan and collaborate with K-4 teachers to design and implement engaging instruction that leads to English language fluency in all content areas. Attend weekly planning sessions with classroom teachers to plan lessons, projects, and expeditions. Suggest accommodations and appropriate lesson structures to support identified and unidentified ELL students.
- Conduct, organize, and analyze on-going assessments of student performance using multiple assessment tools. Develop a process to assess ELLs' academic progress.
- Identify students who require English Language support and determine the level and nature of services for each student.
- Assist and support the development of a successful learning environment for ELL students in each classroom by providing school-wide support to teachers by facilitating clear planning around student needs and learning goals, differentiated instruction, and classrooms that support student success.
- Model best teaching practices for teachers with the goal of developing their capacity to support specialized instruction, differentiation, and classroom accommodations to support ELL students.
- Assist the development of curriculum to support ESL learners and facilitate their access to the world class education.
- Meet regularly with School Directors and other professionals as needed to discuss student progress and the performance of ELLs.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences as needed in support of ELLs.
- High School diploma, Associate's degree preferred
- Experience working with children
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.