Elementary Teacher (Long-Term Substitute)
BASIS Mesa is seeking qualified candidates for a Elementary Teacher (Long-Term Substitute) for the 2023/2024 school year!
As a BASIS.ed Elementary Learning Expert Teacher, you are able to use your expertise in learning to address the differentiated needs of your students. Through the collaboration with you, the Subject Expert Teachers handle the main instruction in the classes, so you aren't preparing multiple lessons every day. This allows you to truly focus on the individual results and needs of your students so you can raise their ability to learn.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Demonstrated passion for student achievement and directed effort to raise individual student outcomes.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an elementary educator
- Strong communication skills
- Open to new ideas in teaching methods
LETs Role in our Co-Teaching Model:
BASIS Elementary Teachers are knowledgeable, passionate and believe in transforming education. Our K-3 (or K-4, depending on campus location) classrooms are co-taught with not one, but two elementary school teachers co-creating with students at all times. Our Learning Expert Teachers (LETs) cultivate a joyful learning culture where hard work is celebrated and where intellectual pursuits result in an extraordinary student outcomes. LETs at the elementary level customize education to meet the individual needs of each student. Our elementary teachers love teaching and our students love learning. BASIS teachers celebrate the art of elementary education and, guided by the belief that any child can excel, our elementary teachers' deep pedagogical expertise ensures that each student receives a world-class education.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for one cohort of students and lead them through classroom transitions during the day
- Collaborate work with the Subject Expert Teacher (SET) for each class period
- Utilize expertise in elementary education teaching methods to provide individualized or small group instruction to meet the differentiated needs of students
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and Collegial school community.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2501047